The growth in the Indian steel sector has been driven by domestic availability of raw materials such as iron ore and cost-effective labour. Consequently, the steel sector has been a major contributor to India’s manufacturing output. The Indian steel industry is very modern with state-of-the-art steel mills. India’s crude steel production grew by 7.4 per cent year-on-year to 95.6 Million Tonnes (MT) in 2016. Global market for Industrial Castings is projected to reach 148.9million metric tons by 2020, driven by growing manufacturing activity, particularly rising automobile parts production in developing markets.
The Indian steel industry is highly advanced with cutting edge steel mills, consistent modernization, upgradation of existing plants, and high energy efficiency levels. The expansion in infrastructure activities, for example, power, bridges, dams, streets, and urban infrastructure development has boosted the interest for steel and steel items inferable from their quality, solidness, consumption resistance, solidifying capacity, formability, welding capacity, and pliability.
Customer Success Story: The Adhunik Group
Adhunik Group, the Rs. 3,500 crore conglomerate, is one of the fastest growing groups in India engaged in mining, steel, power, and value added steel products, catering to a vast and quality-focused customer base. With a dependable and committed employees and a strong customer support, the group has emerged as a steady performer and has grown continuously, backed with strong financial performance. They selected Infocus to implement SAP PS module.
Project overview : PS Module Implementation
Adhunik group after implementing SAP core modules and attaining the desired user compliance with the system, decided to implement SAP PS to manage and track their turn-key projects. The initial implementation had been based on the then followed process which had undergone an immense change in terms of the functional processes and practice achieved through due time course. Infocus was awarded the project to review the present installation and configuration and map gaps for enhancements and implementation in the live scenario based on the “now followed” practice and with scope for future enhancements if possible.
- Knowledge Transfer on the current implementation and configuration
- Identify the gaps and scope for enhancement or improvement without omitting the current configuration
- Implementation of identified non standard process complexities for ABAP development and integration with cross application and modules.
- Complete transition and compliance assurance to the users/management for SAP PS against their convenient tool- Primavera in terms of usability and reporting
- Real time integration of Enterprise transactions related to:
- Range of exclusive features adding value to business processes viz. BOM-PS interface , Processing of Purchasing cycle, Cross Application Time-sheets (CATS)
- Billing procedures and fulfillment of Accounting requirements
- Cash flow Monitoring
- Reliable project performance reporting with drill-down to lowest level transaction details
Customer Success Story: Jindal Stainless Steel (Spain)
A part of the O P Jindal group, Jindal Stainless Limited (formerly JSL Stainless Ltd.) is India's largest and the only fully integrated Stainless Steel manufacturer. Jindal Stainless Limited is a globally recognized producer of stainless steel flat products in Austenitic, Ferritic, Martensitic and Duplex grades. The product range includes Ferro Alloys, Stainless Steel Slabs & Blooms, Hot Rolled Coils, Plates, Cold Rolled Coils and specialty products such as razor blade steel, precision strips and coin blanks.
Project overview: Spain Implementation for Jindal
Infocus was awarded the project for implementation of Jindal Stainless for their Spain unit. The unit is a full operational unit with MM, SD. PP and FI inclusive in the total implementation scope. After the successful implementation of the SEZ units this project was awarded to Infocus subjected for implementation in an offsite-onshore model.
- Implementation of Spain localization.
- Team mobility and language differences.
- User Migration from a non standard accounting system to a ERP based workflow & practice.
- Statutory compliances and management compliances.
- Seamless implementation due to prior acknowledgment of business processes.
- Successful implementation of localization and statutory compliances achieved.
- Data migration and user hand holding attained successfully with “train the trainer” concept and practical workshops using remote training methodologies.
- Offshore onsite model established with the client for long term support.
- Centralized approach established for the management in terms of controlling and reporting.
We have repeated several such success stories across various projects of our clients in Iron and Steel sector. Surely, we would like you too, to take the advantage of our implementation experience and knowledge of best practices to roll out SAP in your organization.
Partner with Infocus team to ensure successful SAP implementation and delivery for your organization.
Contact us today at email@example.com or Call us +91 33-22894329 for all your queries.